The Centre of Perinatal Excellence (COPE) is an independent, not for profit company, limited by guarantee.
COPE is a registered charity with full DGR status.
As detailed in our Constitution, our governance structure is made up of a Board and the company membership which comprises the peak professional bodies representing primary and maternity care and consumer bodies in perinatal mental healthcare in Australia. Nominated representatives from each of these bodies work with us to inform and shape our work, and identify collaborative opportunities to improve outcomes of women, men and their families.
Current Membership and Representatives:
- Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) – represented by Ms. Kim Ryan
- Australian College of Midwives (ACM) – represented by Ms. Ann Kinnear
- Australian Psychological Society (APS) – represented by Dr. Helen Lindner
- Maternal Child and Family Health Nursing Association (MCaFNA) – represented by Ms. Creina Mitchell
- Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia Inc (PANDA) – represented by Ms. Terri Smith
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) – represented by Dr. James Best
- Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) – represented by Dr. Vijay Roach
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) – represented by Dr. Nik Kowalenko
Centre of Perinatal Excellence (COPE) Constitution